Wednesday, October 9, 2013

50 Years, 50 Stories - Dawn Dieffenbaugh

Imagine! employees who have visited Imagine!’s business office on a Tuesday morning over the past decade will recognize this week’s contributor to our “50 Years, 50 Stories” series. Dawn Dieffenbaugh, who receives services from Imagine!, has also worked for Imagine! for more than 11 years.

Enjoy her story below, and thanks for sharing, Dawn!

Imagine! Has Been A Blessing
By Dawn Dieffenbaugh
 
Dawn Dieffenbaugh shows her batting stance as she warms up for a softball game.

I came to Imagine! when I was a kid. My mother was the one who started me out here. When I became an adult, I started working for Imagine! in the business office. I work as a file clerk, putting documents away and creating new files. I have been working at Imagine! for 11 ½ years! I have another job, too. I work at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). I have worked there since 2009.

In my free time, I love to play softball. I play for a team in Longmont (where I live) called “The Subway Sluggers.” I also like hanging out with my fiancé and hanging out with my two best friends (who just got married). Some of my favorite things to do are play video games and watch movies.

I take classes in Imagine!’s CORE/Labor Source program, and right now I am taking a French class that I really enjoy. I like to work and go to these classes because it gets me out of the house. I’d go stir crazy if I didn’t stay so busy.

I love Imagine!. The people here are so friendly and willing to help out anyway they can. About a year and a half ago, my mother passed away, and many people at Imagine! helped me out in planning her service. It was a blessing.

Dawn at work at Imagine!'s business office

Are you interested in sharing your story for “50 Years, 50 Stories?” If so, contact Caroline Siegfried at caroline@imaginecolorado.org or 303-926-6405. We’d love to hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. Great story, Dawn. We're so lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete