Thursday, December 3, 2015

Thank You, Kevin

Tuesday evening’s Imagine! Board of Directors meeting was bittersweet as we bade farewell to Kevin Nelson, who is stepping down from the board after serving for eight years. Kevin began his career working for Imagine!’s supported employment service (now called CORE/Labor Source) back in 1985. Though he eventually left that position and took a different career path, Imagine! never left his heart and when the opportunity to serve on the board arose he embraced it fully. His calm and informed leadership on the board, including a stint as Board President during a challenging time at Imagine!, was extremely beneficial and will be greatly missed.

In the picture below, current Board President Laura Koch presents Kevin with a gift of some locally distilled gin (don’t worry, we didn’t have any during the meeting!) as a small token of our great appreciation.


On a personal note, I want to say how much Kevin’s support and mentorship meant to me when I first took the position of CEO here at Imagine!. I had so much to learn, and Kevin was there to guide me every step of the way. I’m not sure I could have succeeded without him. Thank you for your service, Kevin!

PS – learn more about Kevin’s Imagine! experiences here.

No comments:

Post a Comment