The campaign ends this weekend, so if you haven't already, please consider donating today. As of this posting, Out & About is already 72% of the way to their goal of $2,000, and every little bit will count as they work to get to the finish line!
Click here to donate, and learn more below.
Imagine!’s Out & About department offers community-based therapeutic recreation services for children and adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. Our program provides opportunities for people to participate in activities designed to improve social skills, community involvement, and skills that enhance overall quality of life.
Why We Need Your Help
Our intention is to continue to enrich the quality of service by providing adaptive equipment and opportunities to participate in structured programs designed to support people’s needs. These items will make a huge difference:
- Purchasing adaptive equipment so participants can swim, create art, play sports, and communicate their needs
- Ticket/admission fees for adaptive programs and events
- Partnerships with local organizations that provide therapeutic programs such as the National Sports Center for the Disabled (NSCD), Adaptive Adventures, and Medicine Horse Adaptive Riding Program
Some specific examples of what your donation will fund
- An afternoon of rock climbing with NSCD for one child
- An afternoon of paddling with NSCD for one adult
- one life jacket for swimming activities
- one adaptive paint brush
- A day at Water World for five adults
- An adaptive horseback riding session for ten participants
- one adult wheelchair
- A day of adaptive skiing for one participant
- A day of snowshoeing for ten participants
- five adaptive kayak stabilizers
- one adaptive tricycle
- five adaptive communication devices
- A day of snow tubing for up to 50 people
Click here to donate.