Friday, November 7, 2014

Good News Friday

This past Monday, Imagine! launched a crowdfunding campaign to raise money to provide Thanksgiving meals for some individuals served by our organization who weren’t able to access these meals otherwise.

I had planned to use this space to share that news and encourage my readers to donate to the campaign. But I don’t have to do that now, because thanks to the amazing generosity of our community, the campaign met its goal of $1,000 (to provide meals for 50 individuals) in less than three days!

I’d like to congratulate Elizabeth Hill, Imagine!’s Volunteer Coordinator, for leading this incredibly successful effort. I’d also like to thank the many generous donors who contributed so quickly.

Below you can see the video that was created by Imagine! staff members for the fundraising campaign. And if you are interested, you can learn more about the campaign by clicking here.

The campaign is still live, and donations are still being accepted, as any additional funds will create more opportunities for making it a really great Thanksgiving for folks in need. But I’m not asking you donate. I’d never do that.

Unless you really want to.
 

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Elizabeth! Thanks for all you do and thank you to all of the people who donated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three days is amazing, great job!

    ReplyDelete