Monday, August 11, 2014

Feel My Pain


People may ask, "Are you ever satisfied?" ... a good question. And I thought, no. Rather, stay irritated. Continue to ask, “Is that the best we can do?” Even film director Ron Howard, feels he is better if he maintains a “Steady baseline of discomfort”.
Tell me that having a diaper rash wasn’t a motivator for how we manage our lives today.
My colleague Greg Wellems is often referring to pain points within our business and service operations. These are the areas to direct our attention for innovation. Innovative organizations often refer to it as creative tension. Keeping on our collective toes means remaining attentive and prepared to pivot our approach. Why is this on my mind today? We must stop handing our permission to procrastinate. We have no room for complacency in our efforts. Ever!

Then again, what do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment