Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Technology Tuesday

I have made reference to Ohio becoming the first state to suggest Technology First when considering service plans for people with I/DD. Well, new information is emerging and I sense it is time once again to encourage the State of Colorado, home of Families at the Forefront of Technology, the Coleman Institute for Cognitive Disabilities, CU Rehabilitation Engineering Research Center Advancing Cognitive Technologies, and our very own Imagine!, to take the progressive position of a Technology First State.

Open Minds recently reported the states that have adopted a technology-centric approach. They include Alaska, Delaware, Indiana, Missouri, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Wisconsin. Now, the world of I/DD is a non-partisan arena when it comes to the measurement of quality services across states, as referenced by the United Cerebral Palsy Case for Inclusion study. That said, I could not help but observe the tendencies and leanings of the states advancing the use of technologies in I/DD services. I encourage you to take a look.

Then again, what do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment