Friday, September 14, 2018

Good News Friday!

The week of September 10-14 has been proclaimed Direct Support Professionals Week.

All week long, Imagine!’s Twitter feed, our Facebook page, and our Imagine! Voices blog have been honoring amazing Imagine! DSPs. I encourage you to check them out. To help get you started, below are some brief highlights of DSPs we’ve put in the well-deserved spotlight.

Bren Lindemann 


“I’ve learned to adapt tasks or activities so that participants are happy and comfortable doing things they should be happy doing.” 

Patty Gutierrez 


“Patty is amazing. She manages my son’s behaviors better and better as she gets to know him, and he is a happy guy when they’re together.” 

Shen Hollcraft 


"I could be serving someone breakfast and at the same time get a little side hug or a sweet comment. It’s a natural sharing that nourishes both people.” 

Emilie Still 


“Emilie is constantly ensuring that the individuals we support receive the best customer service possible by being extremely detail oriented and always having a smile on her face.” 

Sean Van Lierop 


“Imagine! definitely restores my faith in humanity, seeing all the good people can do. I work with people who not only give a damn, they give a lot of damns, they give all of the damns.” 

Will Hebert 


“I studied Journalism because I wanted to help people out and write about important issues. I found the DSP job path and it felt like a more direct way to help people.” 

Collin Whitten 


“Collin is completely reliable, confident, and attentive. He makes sure that his participants’ needs are met and are reaching a goal at each activity. He keeps a calm demeanor in high-stress situations and has great problem solving skills."


No comments:

Post a Comment