Thursday, June 25, 2015

There Is A Reason It Is Called Alliance

I recently completed my second year as President of the Board of Directors for Alliance. This role brings its own set of responsibilities and opportunities to learn, and I believe I took advantage of those opportunities. Looking back, I consider having played this role a privilege and I am pleased to have had the support from so many colleagues across the State of Colorado. I will continue on the Alliance Executive Committee for one more year as Past President. This is an extraordinary membership organization driven by a high performing and competent staff.

More importantly though, is the message that comes from the essence of Alliance; sort of their message in a bottle. The message in the bottle is united in excellence – united for people. The staff and membership together demand excellence in community centered service and person centered thinking. I suppose one could make these statements about any number of organizations. The fact is having been very close to Alliance for over two years I can verify the integrity of the effort and mission of the organization. Members will debate important issues – and debate we should. In the end the name will keep the membership focused and united. It has been a pleasure being a part of such and organization.

Then again, what do I know?

I was honored to receive this plaque from Alliance last week, thanking me for my time as President of their Board of Directors.

No comments:

Post a Comment