Friday, October 24, 2014

Good News Friday!

Over this past year, I made a series of posts about Labor Source, the supported employment division of Imagine!’sCORE/Labor Source department, celebrating its 30th Anniversary this year.

In each one of those posts, I made comments about the value that comes from hiring individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) – value to the individual, value to the businesses, and value to the community.

The Arc of Larimer County recently produced a video echoing those thoughts. In fact, if I’m being honest, they have said it a lot better than I ever did. So I thought I should share the video today. The video features a good friend of Imagine!, Bob Lawhead, CEO of Community Link, and has a lot of great information about why hiring people with I/DD truly benefits us all.

Enjoy.
  Can’t see the video? Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment