Friday, January 27, 2012

Good News Friday!

Tonight is Imagine!’s 11th Annual Celebration Dinner and Auction. In addition to being the primary fundraising event for the Imagine! Foundation, the Celebration Dinner provides an opportunity for Imagine! to share its successes with the community.

In that spirit, today I’d like to share some comments we have received recently from parents of some of the children we serve here at Imagine!. Their kind words demonstrate how important Imagine!’s services are in the lives of their loved ones, and I am honored that they would share them with us.

The first comment comes from a survey filled out by a parent of a child who received services from Imagine!’s Dayspring department. When asked “What do you like best about Dayspring?” the parent replied:

“The therapists- their knowledge, kindness, friendliness, ability to quickly build relationship with my child, answering my many questions, flexibility with scheduling, willingness to work around my teaching schedule, making a transition book for my son. My son would say he loves Barb, Joanne and Jenny... and the BIG bag of toys they bring each week. Carol Chesser (service coordinator) was on top of things as well and I enjoyed working with her. Honestly, I have been very impressed with all that you do. I have been an educator for 17 years and have pretty high standards. I was thrilled with the care we received and feel very fortunate.”
Another parent wrote to us about the importance of a receiving a Family Support Grant from Imagine!:

“This grant will help ease the financial stress and burden that comes with having a special needs child. It helps offset costs that insurance does not cover. Each year it seems that insurance covers less to help our child function in the world. We have dealt with that by cutting down on therapies, respite and recreation activities. This grant helps us keep some of those things in place.”
The last three comments I’d like to share today came from parents of children who participate in Imagine!'s Out & About activities:

“As parents of these kiddos - we are always planning ahead, trying to be ready for what "could" happen. It's tiring, I know, but you are as on top of it as I have to be - very possibly more so! Thanks - I know my child is in good hands!”


“Thank you. . . for being so patient and so kind.”


“It is so comforting to know my son is in safe hands when he is with Out & About.”
The comments above remind me of why we do what we do at Imagine! – because we do have an extremely positive impact on the individuals we serve, as well as their families. That is a message I am proud to share at tonight’s festivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment