I’ve tried to be good this year, but you just never know. So maybe if Santa can’t deliver them to me, we can all work together to make the wishes on this list a reality, and not just for the holidays but for all seasons.
1) Those of us interested in solving some of the problems facing the system of service provision and delivery for people with developmental disabilities in Colorado work together to develop a synchronized, coordinated effort to address those problems.
2) We stop using a system of funding for people with developmental disabilities that emphasizes the disability.
3) We use Demand Management techniques as part of our service provision and delivery system so we can be more efficient in directing our limited resources to where they will be most useful.
4) We do a better job of serving parents of people with developmental disabilities (and click here for more).
6) Organizations serving individuals with developmental disabilities continue exploring how social media tools can help us better serve our consumers and stakeholders.
7) We continue to harness the power of community as we deliver our services (and click here for more).
8) All organizations and entities charged with serving some of Colorado’s most vulnerable citizens look internally to maximize efficiencies in service provision and delivery.
9) Most of all, I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!
Just kidding about that last one.
Truthfully, the number one item on my wish list for Santa is that all of you out there have a safe and happy holiday season.
And that is one thing I do know!