The Imagine! Board of Directors has announced that Rebecca Novinger (you may remember this post I made when she joined Imagine! in 2012) has been offered, and accepted, the position of Chief Executive Officer at Imagine!. I am delighted by her selection.
During her tenure at Imagine!, Rebecca has held vital leadership roles including Director of Client Relations and Chief Strategy Officer. Her success in those positions, her experience and skills, and her demonstrated commitment to Imagine!, our employees, and especially the people we serve, make her the ideal candidate for this job.
I have had the honor and privilege of working closely with Rebecca for the past few years, and I can say that she is immensely smart, dedicated, hardworking, and creative. Beyond those attributes, I see in Rebecca intangible qualities that I believe will lead to success in her new role. She has the ability to see the big picture while remaining cognizant of the small details. She is empathetic and compassionate, yet retains the practical business sense vital for an organization like Imagine! to run smoothly.
I usually end my blog posts asking "Then again, what do I know?" but this time I'd like to share five things I do know about this transition:
- I know Rebecca will face some bumps in the road. I did, as did all of my predecessors in this position.
- I know that Rebecca has the courage and strength of character to manage those bumps while never losing sight of Imagine!’s mission of creating a world of opportunity for all abilities.
- I know Rebecca will have a strong team at every level of Imagine! to support her.
- I know that under Rebecca’s leadership, Imagine! will remain a bright light worthy of emulation in the field of I/DD services.
- I know my blog readers will join me in welcoming Rebecca to her new position.